Beacon hosts two WorkBC Centres — one in Sidney and one on Salt Spring Island — that are open to all job seekers. As well, we provide free individualized services and comprehensive supports to eligible job seekers in the Sidney, Saanich Peninsula and Gulf Islands regions who are unemployed, underemployed or precariously employed.
How to connect with our centres
9860 Third St
- Monday-Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Salt Spring Island:
268 Ganges-Fulford Rd
- Monday-Thursday: 9 AM – 12 PM & 1 PM – 4 PM
Through our WorkBC Employment Centres, we can provide job seekers and employers with FREE access to:
- Computers and printers
- Employment workshops
- Expert advice from certified career development and recruitment professionals
Supports may include financial help with the basic expenses related to participating in certain training programs or searching for/starting a job. Financial support may also be available to help you keep your job if you’re disabled and at significant risk of losing employment because of your disability.
Other WorkBC supports may include:
- Short-term training such as FoodSafe, WHMIS, First Aid, etc.
- Job start supports
- Transportation supports
- Self-employment training
- Wage subsidy
- Long-term training for high demand jobs
- Self-serve Resource Centre with job boards, computers, printers, scanner, photocopier, and other resource materials
- One-on-one coaching and employment planning
Email or phone for more information. Or book an appointment to visit one of our Centres to meet with a friendly Employment Services advisor to find out more!