Beacon Community Services offers YEP services to provide our community’s younger citizens with opportunities to work, train and volunteer. YEP also helps our community by connecting people with enthusiastic, hard-working YEP students who can:
- Give volunteer support to local charities and events
- Do yard maintenance or light carpentry
- Care for pets
- Help with computers, household technology, or clerical tasks; and/or
- Learn and work while mentoring with a tradesperson
- and much more!
Teens, you’re eligible for this free program if you’re 14-18 years old and educated in the Saanich School District (SD 63). You can:
- Choose your level of participation
- Attend interesting training, workshops and courses to prepare for a successful career future
- Get certificates for First Aid, Food Safe and other skills that employers look for
- Get help with your resume, cover letter, and interview skills
- Make money and/or earn graduation credits for volunteer experience
You’ll get weekly emails about upcoming certificate courses and community volunteer opportunities — and lots of support!
To apply, download the YEP application form, fill it out and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact our friendly YEP Coordinator at the SHOAL Centre:
10030 Resthaven Dr.